Black Forest Genealogy

Stadtkreis Pforzheim

 

Search For Villages in Stadtkreis Pforzheim

The communities are listed alphabetically and can be accessed by selecting the correct letter below.

A B C D E
F G H I J
K L M N O
P Q R S T
U V W Y Z

Brötzingen

Geography:

History:

Information Sources:

Links:

Buchenbronn

Geography:
Buechenbronn lies between the rivers "Nagold" and "Enz" on a little hill. 450m above sea-level 8° 40` eastern longitude48° 51` northern latitude Buechenbronn is a part of Pforzheim since 1974

History:
1339      first documentery mention
1443      first documentery mention of the hill-village- church
1525      Peoples from Buechenbronn take part at the "Bauernkriege"
1698      first documentery mention of a school at Buechenbronn
1770      Buechenbronn has 350 inhabitants
1813      Buechenbronn has 431 inhabitants
1906      the voluntary firebrigade was founded
1974      Buechenbronn is a part of Pforzheim

Information Sources:
Berggemeinde Büchenbronn von Günter Heinz

Links:

Dillweissenstein

Geography: The village Dillweißenstein is today (since 1911) a part of Pforzheim. Dillweißenstein is at the banks of river "Nagold". The village is 3 km farfrom Pforzheim.

History:
At Dillweißenstein there are 3 ruins of castles: Kraeheneck, Rabeneck andHoheneck the castle Kraeheneck was built ca. 1075
1230      Belrem von Weißenstein was the owner of this castle
1250      Berthold v. Weißenstein was the owner of this castle.
1342      raftmen are rafting on the "Nagold"
ca.1520  Dillstein and Weißenstein become one village-Dillweißenstein
1585      35 houses at Weißenstein and 15 at Dillstein
1598      the first school (the first teacher was Hans Kercher)
1693      the oldest churchbook from Weißenstein
1700      the oldest church bell from Dillstein was founded at Ulm
1784      a new church at Weißenstein was built
1840      a stonebridge was built at Dillstein
1853      a stonebridge was built at Weißenstein
1855      Dillweißenstein has a population of almost 876 people
1865      Dillweißenstein is a independent parish
1874      the railroad Pforzheim-Calw opened
1911      Dillweißenstein became part of Pforzheim
1927      streetcar from Pforzheim to Dillweißenstein was started
1944      the church at Weißenstein was distroyed by a bomb
1996      Schoolhouse was 100 years old

Information Sources: "Die Geschichte Dillweißensteins" from Richard Schrade

Links: www.dillweissenstein.de

Eutingen

Geography:

History:

Information Sources:

Links:

Haidach

Geography:

History:

Information Sources:

Links:

Hohenwart

Geography:
Location: 48d53m N 8d42m E

History:

Information Sources:
(kreisfrei / independent)

Links:

Huchenfeld

Geography:
It is a 45 minute climb up the hill, in the south of Pforzheim, through the wood, to Huchenfeld. The extreme geographic sphere of theblackforest in the north. Huchenfeld lies on the hill between the rivers"Nagold" and "Würm".

History:
1160      First documentation from Huchenfeld
1210      Huchenfeld was a feudal tenure of the "Lords from Weissenstein"
1584      Huchenfeld was a feudal tenure from Liebenzell
1620      Martin Bauer was teacher at Huchenfeld
1680      Huchenfeld was an independent parish
1730      Huchenfeld got a church
1742      Huchenfeld got a new church-bell
1834      Huchenfeld has its own library with 68 books
1860      A choral society was founded
1880      The gymnastic club was founded
1918      68 people from Huchenfeld are killed in the WWI
1974      Huchenfeld became a part of Pforzheim

Information Sources:
Huchenfeld -- von Erwin Moell

Links:

Pforzheim

Geography:
North entry to the black forest (Pfortezum Schwarzwald) ca 31km south-east from Karlsruhe and ca 50 km north-westof Stuttgart. Three rivers go through Pforzheim (Drei-Flüsse-Stadt), the Würm, the Nagold, and the Enz. Pforzheim has a population of almost 110,000

History:

90 AD-the first settlement was built on the street from Straßburgand Cannstatt at the ford over the Enz - origin of the name Pforzheim:PORTUS = Furt = ford.

The Roman settlement was destroyed in 260 by the Alemannen.

6th - 8th century-colonization of the Alemannen and Franken.

9th -10th century-building of the "Altstadtkirche".

1067-Pforzheim was first time named in a document.

1227-Markgraf Hermann V was the owner of the city and he built the "Neue Stadt" west of the "Altenstadt"

1225-35-building of the Schloßkirch

1455-Johannes Reuchlin was born in Pforzheim.

1501-the "Flößerordung" regulate that only people of Pforzheim and the "Markgrafschaft" can do rafting (wooden rafts for the wood industry in the Netherlands -Shipbuilding)

1556-introduction of the Reformation in Pforzheim.

Between 1624 and 1692-Pforzheim was destroyed several times.

1767-Markgraf Karl Friedrich von Baden-Durlach estabished a factory in the country orphanage. This was the beginning of the jewelry industry in Pforzheim.

1905-Brötzingen became part of Pforzheim.

1911-Dillweißenstein became part of Pforzheim.

1938 10th of November-destroying of the synagogue.

1945 23th of February-the city of Pforzheim was destroyed by British bombers - more than 17.000 people died in 20 minutes.

1971 Würm, 1972 Hohenwart, 1974 Büchenbronn, 1975 Huchenfeld and Eutingen became part of Pforzheim

Information Sources:

Links:

Würm

Geography: ca. 4km far away from Pforzheim lies the village Wuerm on the southside of the little river Wuerm. Since 1971 Wuerm is a part from Pforzheim.

History:
1263      first documentery mention
1466      Paul Lutram von Ertingen is the owner from Wuerm.
1499      Ludwig Leutrum is the owner from Wuerm
1516      Wuerm got a little church
1534      the Leutrum family buys all tax-rights from themonastery of Hirsau
1630      ore mines at Wuerm
1650      the next 50 years many people from Switzerland are settling in Wuerm
1657      Georg David Mueller, the first teacher at Wuerm
1773      144 families are living in Wuerm
1813      ca. 470 peoples are living in Wuerm
1893      Wuerm is now a industry-worker-village
ca.1900    882 people are living in Wuerm
1945      french soldiers occupied Wuerm
1971      Wuerm is a part of Pforzheim
ca.1986    2550 people are living in Wuerm

Information Sources: "Waldbauerndorf-Industriearbeitergemeinde-Stadtteil" von Karl Ehmann und Herbert Ruff

Links: http://wuerm.notrix.de

 

Important Addresses:

LDS Archives for all of Germany
Kirche Jesu Christi der HLT
Abteilung Genealogie
Max - Planck - Str 239
61381 Friedrichsdorf

General Land Archives
Generallandesarchiv Karlsruhe
Nördliche Hildapromenade 2
76133 Karlsruhe


Post your information on this region here. Help us to help you and your fellow researchers. For more information direct your Inquiries to...
Email